Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Why don't you love me"

Late Saturday night (May 1, 2010) Beyonce', well Solonge's twitter, gave us a sneak peak of her video "Why Don't You Love Me". When I first saw the 37 second video peak for the song, for some odd reason Miss GaGa popped into my brain but I was also full of anticipation for what this song/video was all about. Being the Bey fan that I am I had to hear more of this! So I downloaded the song *guilty face*. Not only was the song written by baby sister singer Solange (Knowles) it also sounded just like her, not voice wise but the style and the feel of the song was very Solange-esque. 1st listen I was not that impressed (sadly) but I always allow songs to grow on me...

I had no idea just 3 days later (May 4, 2010) the actual video would be released. This put the icing on the cake! Some songs seem to be complete once you have the visual and this was defiantly one of those moments for me. I am in love with the video & I now have a STRONG like for the song. It seems that the older she gets the more out of the box she is becoming. Not that this shocker, but it was definitely a little different for Bey.

Right now I feel her only "competition" (if we want to say that) would be lady GaGa... right now every female (singer) artist should be willing to step out of their comfort zone....just a tad if they want to get on the level of GaGa. I mean really.... who's NOT a fan of hers? Off hand I cant think of any females that put on shows like these two....hMmMm a Beautiful Romance Tour.. possibly? PLEASE!?





My sweetest taste?:: 3 min 26 sec when Mrs. Carter was dusting off ALL her grammy's... I JUST LOVE IT!

"Why Don't You Love Me" - Beyoncé from Beyoncé on Vimeo.




However I am still a tad confused of where this song belongs. I have heard that its from Beyonce's last CD, I am...Sasha Fierce, BUT I have both (regular & deluxe) copies and I have NEVER heard this song. Did I miss something? or Could the workaholic's "vacation" be cut short?

Love,

Brown Sugar...

No comments:

Post a Comment